- Because inflammation is an active contributor to heart disease, turmeric curcumin makes a great addition to any heart-healthy diet. Plus, curcumin counters several specific heart disease risk factors.
- Curcumin improves blood flow by increasing nitric oxide production while reducing artery plaque build-up. Turmeric stimulates the breakdown of cholesterol, which reduces blood cholesterol levels in the body.
Memory and Focus
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is a type of growth hormone that functions in your brain. Many common brain disorders have been linked to decreased levels of this hormone, including depression and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Curcumin boosts levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which increases the growth of new neurons and fights various degenerative processes in your brain.
- Due to its extraordinary anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric curcumin is an ideal dietary supplement for those suffering from osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Many studies confirm that turmeric curcumin supplements can reduce lower back, knee, hand, and wrist joint pain as effectively as ibuprofen.4 But unlike over-the-counter medications, curcumin has no known side effects.